Sunday 15 May 2011

Before & After

A month after starting work on my new allotment I'm pleased to say that 'operation clearance' is complete.  It's taken a quite a few hours during evenings, weekends and bank holidays (I've done little else other than go to work over the last month) but the dry weather recently has certainly helped.  Not only did it mean I could get on the plot more often it also made the ground lighter. 
In the meantime, between weeding, I've been sowing in the greenhouse at home and have a multitude of plants ready to install in my cleared ground, mostly after the risk of frosts in the next couple of weeks - I need to resist the temptation to put things out now although I can gain some satisfaction that the first few of my potatoes planted four weeks ago are now showing through. 




Apart from planting my next project is to obtain a shed and organise water collection and storage - more on this later.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment